Course duration: 3 hours
£60 per person
This course can be run in house or at an external venue – dependent on numbers. Contact us to discuss your needs.
- Understand what the different types of dementia are and understand who is most at risk from the illness
- Know which are the most common symptoms of dementia to look out for
- Understand how dementia is diagnosed
- Understand the importance of taking care of everyone involved in the diagnosis, including both the patient and the carer
- Know how to care for someone with dementia, maintain their health and help them with everyday tasks and issues.
- Be aware of the different home adaptations that can be made to make living with dementia easier and maintain the person’s independence.